- 1 Codsworth
- 2 Nick Valentine
- 3 Deacon
- 4 Curie
- 4.1 Curie likes and dislikes
- 4.2 MacCready
- 4.3 MacCready likes and dislikes
- 4.4 Strong
- 4.5 Strong likes and dislikes
- 4.6 Danse
- 4.7 Danse likes and dislikes
- 4.8 Hancock
- 4.9 Hancock likes and dislikes
- 4.10 Cait
- 4.11 Cait likes and dislikes
- 4.12 X6-88
- 4.13 X6-88 likes and dislikes
- 5 Dogmeat
Total of 13 companions are available for the players in Fallout 4. each of them except for Dogmeat reacts to the fallout player’s decisions with either an approval or disapproval. If the player reaches maximum affinity they unlock a special perk that will boost the his performance. Additionally, fallout 4 companions can be romanced if the player so chooses when he reaches maximum affinity; this also allows the player to access his Lover’s Embrace, which thus increases their experience gained, for a short time when he sleeps on bed near their lover. so here are 13 fallout 4 companions,their perks, likes, dislikes and location for players-
fallout 4 companions will accompany you always.
Where to Meet Codsworth: He’s in Sanctuary at the beginning of the game.
Companion Perk: Robot Sympathy – Grants +10 Damage Resistance against energy attacks from robot enemies. Highly specific, eh? Overall one of the weaker perks here but Codsworth is fairly easy to please.
Robot Sympathy– +10 Damage resistance vs. Robotic Energy Weapons.
- Perk Requirement: Gain max affinity with Codsworth.
: Codsworth praises nice and generous behavior, but isn’t too fond of selfishness and chem use/addiction.
Codsworth likes and dislikes
- Likes: Generous and nice acts, modifying weapons and armor
- Dislikes: Selfish acts, chem addiction and use, murdering, lying and stealing
- Weapon of Choice: Melee
- Recruit Codsworth after completing Out of Time.
Where to Meet Preston: Museum of Freedom, in Concord. He’ll join after The First Step which is after When Freedom Calls
Companion Perk: United We Stand – Deal +20% damage and gain +20 Damage Resistance any time you’re fighting 3 or more enemies (which is almost always). Obviously it’s a very strong perk, particularly early in the game when +20 DR really matters, though the damage boost is the main draw here. As much as people hate on Preston, they should probably grab this one then send him off to a farm they rarely visit if they don’t want his quests.
Robot Sympathy– +10 Damage resistance vs. Robotic Energy Weapons.
- Perk Requirement: Gain max affinity with Preston Garvey.
: Garvey is a fan of decisions that are generous, mean, and peaceful. But he’s most happy with you if you keep building settlements throughout the Boston wasteland. However, he doesn’t tolerate violent and selfish decisions as well as chem use/addiction.
Preston Garvey likes and dislikes
- Likes: Generous and peaceful acts, modifying weapons
- Dislikes: Selfish and violent acts, chem addiction, murder and stealing
- Weapon of Choice: Laser Musket
- Recruit Preston by completing The First Step.
Also Read – Fallout 4 commands
Where to Meet Valentine: Do the Quest Getting a Clue, he is in Vault 114 which is found following the main quest from Diamond City.
Companion Perk: Close to Metal – Gives you one more chance at hacking terminals, while also reducing the time for a terminal to reset by 50%, bringing it down to 5 seconds. Why bother with rank 4 of hacker when you could have this!
Close to Metal – Gain 50% faster terminal cooldown and an extra guess when hacking terminals.
- Perk Requirements: Gain max affinity with Valentine and complete “Long Time Coming” sidequest
: Valentine likes nice and mean behavior, but not the in the extreme.
Nick Valentine likes and dislikes
- Likes: Nice and interrogative behavior, hacking unowned terminals
- Dislikes: Deferential and overly violent acts, murder and stealing
- Weapon of Choice: Revolver and melee
- Recruit Nick at the conclusion of Unlikely Valentine.
Where to Meet Piper: Diamond City, she’ll be at the entrance. Complete the Story of the Century Quest to befriend her.
Companion Perk: Gift of Gab – You’ll get double XP for discovering new locations and successful Charisma speech checks. A useful Perk to get early in the game, but will help you to level regardless of when you get it. If you are looking for 2k18 locker codes then grab from here. fallout 4 companions are found in game.
Gift of Gab – Gain x2 XP for conversations and location discovery.
- Perk Requirement: Gain max affinity with Piper.
: Piper admires generosity but also appreciates it if you’re mean and assertive from time to time. She doesn’t like peaceful or violent behavior.
Piper likes and dislikes
- Likes: Generous and anti-authoritative behavior, picking un-owned locks
- Dislikes: Selfish, too submissive or too violent acts, murder and stealing owned property
- Weapon of Choice: Pistol
- Recruit Piper after completing Story of the Century.
Where to Meet Deacon: Join the Railroad and complete the Tradecraft Quest.
Companion Perk: Cloak & Dagger – Increases Sneak Attack damage by 20%. It changes the multiplier by 20% over base, so from 2.0 to 2.4 for ranged and 3.0 to 3.6 for melee sneak attacks – toss in Ninja to get huge sneak attack damage, and for (ranged only) mister sandman with silenced weapons for 6.3x damage. I’ve read of a bug stating that the order you take them matters – try to have some ranks in Ninja/Mister Sandman before reaching max affinity with Deacon.
fallou 4 companions will accompany you always.
Cloak & Dagger – +20% Sneak Attack damage, +40% Stealth Boy duration.
- Perk Requirement: Gain max affinity with Deacon.
: Deacon appreciates kindness but isn’t against mean behavior. He’s not fond of violent decisions and chem use/addiction.
Deacon likes and dislikes
- Likes: Nice and slightly mean acts, hacking, picking locks and lying
- Dislikes: Violent acts, chem addiction and use, murder
- Weapon of Choice: Rifle
- Deacon will join you in the Tradecraft mission.
Where to Meet Curie: Vault 81, after you complete Hole in the Wall
Companion Perk: Combat Medic – Once per day, you’ll heal 100 health when your life drops below 10%. Theoretically you can still be one-shot, but this Perk can at times save your life.
Combat Medic – Once every 24 hours, if you fall below 10% health, you will gain 100 HP.
- Perk Requirements: Gain max affinity with Curie and complete “Emergent Behavior” sidequest.
: Curie likes nice, peaceful, and mean behavior. However, she cannot stand selfishness and chem use/addiction.
Curie likes and dislikes
- Likes: Peaceful, nice or slightly mean acts, healing dogmeat
- Dislikes: Selfish acts, chem addiction, murder and stealing
- Weapon of Choice: Flamethrower
- Recruit Curie at the conclusion of Hole in the Wall.
Where to Meet MacCready: Goodneighbor – inside The Third Rail. Hired for 200-250 Caps.
Companion Perk: Killshot – Adds a flat +20% to hit an enemy’s head in VATS. Super-potent in combination with the Sniper Perk, which also stacks additively, meaning you can make headshots at great distances. This + Deacon’s Cloak and Dagger Perk are incredibly potent together in a sniper build.
Killshot – +20% V.A.T.S headshot accuracy in theory, in reality much higher.
- Perk Requirements: Gain max affinity and complete “Long Road Ahead” sidequest.
: MacCready isn’t a fan of chem addiction and doesn’t like nice, mean, and peaceful behavior. However, he does like violence.
MacCready likes and dislikes
- Likes: Violent acts, lockpicking and stealing, and haggling for better rates
- Dislikes: Overly peaceful, nice, and mean acts, chem addiction, murder
- Weapon of Choice: Sniper Rifle, hence fallout 4 companions , companion perks, companions fallout 4 are followed in this game.
- You can recruit Maccready by paying his fee at The Third Rail in Goodneighbor.
Where to Meet Strong: Trinity Tower, after the Curtain Call Quest. Near the tower, you’ll pick up a distress signal on the radio.
Companion Perk: Berserk – Deal +20% Melee Damage when your HP is below 25%. Similar to Cait’s Perk, only for melee despite the image for this Companion Perk showing a gun.
Berserk – +20% Weapon Damage after dropping below 25% health.
- Perk Requirement: Gain max affinity with Strong.
: Strong appreciates generosity and peaceful decisions. But given his Super Mutant nature, he also doesn’t mind the occasional violence. He isn’t a fan of modification or anything involved with the Brotherhood of Steel.
Strong likes and dislikes
- Likes: Generous and peaceful, but also violent acts, cannibalization and murder
- Dislikes: Selfish or overly mean acts, using power armor vertibirds, picking locks and haggling
- Weapon of Choice: Assault rifles, melee
- Strong can be recruited at Trinity Tower.
Where to Meet Paladin Danse: Cambridge Police Station, save some Brotherhood soldiers then complete Tour of Duty
Companion Perk: Know Your Enemy – A great perk – deal +20% damage to ghouls, mutants, and synths. The hatred of all things foreign is strong in you! The quest Blind Betrayal (which comes up in the BoS quest chain) is required to get this Perk.
Know Your Enemy – +20% Damage against Feral Ghouls, Super Mutants, Synths.
- Perk Requirement: Gain max affinity with Paladin Danse.
: Danse generally likes kindness towards others and dislikes you if you’re too mean or peaceful. He is also in favor of violent decisions when its for the cause of Brotherhood of Steel. If you join his faction, completing its missions and increasing its reputation will also win you brownie points with him.
Danse likes and dislikes
- Likes: Nice or violent acts, using power armor or vertibirds, modifying armor and weapons
- Dislikes: overly mean or peaceful acts, chem use, murder and stealing
- Weapon of Choice: Laser Rifle
- Can be recruited at the Cambridge Police Station.
Where to Meet Hancock: Goodneighbor. Do The Big Dig Quest (from Bobbi No-Nose), then he’ll join.
Companion Perk: Isodoped – With 25% of the bar filled with Radiation, you’ll fill your crit bar 20% faster. Works wonderfully with weapons such as Righteous Authority and anything with the Relentless Legendary Mod, such as Kellogg’s Pistol.
Isodoped – Gain 20% Damage when your rads are at 250 or more.
- Perk Requirement: Gain max affinity with Hancock.
: While Hancock dislikes mean and selfish behavior, he has no qualms with violence. Additionally, he appreciates it when you act generously towards others.
Hancock likes and dislikes
- Likes: Generous, peaceful or violent (but fair) acts, chem use
- Dislikes: Selfish or overly mean acts, murder and stealing
- Weapon of Choice: Shotgun
- Hancock can be recruited in Goodneighbor. hence fallout 4 companions , companion perks, companions fallout 4 are followed.
Where to Meet Cait: Combat Zone, after clearing it.
Companion Perk: Trigger Rush – AP Regenerates 25% faster when your hit points are below 25%. Currently bugged and only triggers when the character is below 25 AP and then regenerates AP only 8% faster – a joke. PC players can download a mod to fix it here. When fixed it will work wonderfully with armor that slows time when HP is low.
Trigger Rush – Regenerate Action Points more quickly if health drops below 25%.
- Perk Requirements: Gain max affinity with Cait and complete “Benign Intervention” sidequest.
: Cait appreciates violent and selfish behavior, but doesn’t tolerate decisions that are generous, peaceful, or mean. She starts out supportive of chems but isn’t happy with their use over time.
Cait likes and dislikes
- Likes: Selfish and violent acts, alcohol use, chem use (before quest), lockpicking and stealing
- Dislikes: Generous, mean and peaceful acts, murder, chem use (after quest)
- Weapon of Choice: Shotgun, melee
- Cait can be recruited in the Combat Zone.hence fallout 4 companions , companion perks, companions fallout 4 are followed.
Where to Meet X6-88: Do the main quest, join the Institute and finish their chain to the point of Mankind-Redefined.
Companion Perk: Shield Harmonics – Gain +20 Energy Resistance. Like Codsworth’s Perk, only not as specific and double the value. It stacks with it, however, and will give you +30 against Robotic opponents such as Assaultrons.
Shield Harmonics – +20 Energy Resistance.
- Perk Requirements: Gain max affinity with X6-88.
: X6-88 favors peaceful and selfish behavior, but does not like kindness and generosity.
X6-88 likes and dislikes
- Likes: Selfish or peaceful acts, using power armor, hacking, modifying weapons and armor, and haggling for better deals
- Dislikes: Generous or nice acts, chem addiction and use, using vertibirds
- Weapon of Choice: Laser Rifle
- X6-88 can be recruited in The Institute. fallout 4 companions will accompany you always. hence fallout 4 companions , companion perks, companions fallout 4 are followed.
Dogmeat is a dog. He has powerful search capabilities and can often locate hidden items. Dogmeat can also hold and pin enemies.
: Attack Dog — Dogmeat can bite and hold on to enemies, potentially causing them status ailments, such as bleeding or crippling a limb.
- Perk Requirements: As a standard perk on the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. perk chart, you need CHAR 4 in order to unlock its first rank. Subsequent ranks unlock at levels 9 and 25.
: Given Dogmeat’s unconditional love for you as his owner, there are no specific decision qualities that increase his affinity.
Dogmeat likes and dislikes
Likes: Following you around, a pat on the head
- Dislikes: Cats, probably
- Dogmeat can be recruited outside the Red Rocket Truck Stop just south of Sanctuary.