In today’s age, there are a countless number of websites available on the internet, and representing your content there that too in an informative manner, or say an attractive or creative way can be a tedious task to do. It is quite challenging to fulfill all your customer requirements and outstand your competitors.
Websites that are designed in a way that reflects the real-life ways that the audience is viewing the site, that has user-friendly graphics, fonts, and easy to use set-up grabs commendable attention. These factors are very important while developing a website, but these are just the outer factors.
What if your website isn’t developed properly? Or if it doesn’t support various devices? It can upset your audience and you surely don’t want that. People access the internet from different devices according to their needs and as a website owner, it is your responsibility to target all your audience. Your website must work properly, despite the type of browser and devices used by your audience.
Why Should You Use Responsive Testing?
The responsive testing process provides a smooth and decent user-experience to its users, despite the device they are accessing it on. The functioning of the website such as scrolling, font/image size or colour, browsing, adjusting to different screen resolutions, and proper navigation is checked.
An ideal website must have a user-friendly look, automatically adaptive to various platforms, images, and other graphics that automatically adapts to the type of screen resolution without hindering its natural viewpoint. Therefore, this testing makes sure that your users get the same web experience, however, and wherever.
For example, let’s consider Microsoft, it looks and works the same on every device, android or iOS, laptop, or mobile, etc. Similarly, you have to create a website that targets all your audience and get you an overall high reach. Also, bring you, potential users, for your website.
How Does Responsive Testing Help?
A number of tools are available to perform responsive testing for your website but you don’t need all of them. These tools check the loading time of your website, whether the functions are performing properly, image resolution and size, colour, font type, navigation, and the client-side response of your website. These are all essential to make sure that your website is working effectively and exactly in the same way as required.
With a responsive website, you don’t need to develop a separate code or design for each new device, it looks and works the same on every device. Things you need to know while developing a responsive web design:
- Coding in PHP, .Net, or Java comes in handy when developing a responsive website design.
- Using CSS and HTML features will help the images and graphics to get resized automatically and adapt to the device used.
- While putting any links on your website, make sure you test them, whether you are lending on the page that is desired or not.
As we know, to perform the fundamental process of Responsive Design Testing, there are several tools available. But how to choose the one for your website? Let’s review some of the best testing tools to complete your search.
LambdaTest is a cloud-based cross-browser testing tool that is mainly used to perform automated cross-browser testing on 2000+ real browsers, and operating systems online. It allows you to perform manual and automated cross-browsing both. Here, you get different packages at reasonable prices and you can choose according to your requirement.
It supports Responsive Testing on more than 56 mobile devices, and you can check your website on the most recognized web browsers such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc. LambdaTest is a reliable tool, trusted by 200,000+ users.
- With LambdaTest, before actually making your website go live, you can host your website locally on the private cloud servers to check the responsiveness on more than 56 devices. And then accordingly work on making it better.
- Its screen recording and full-page screenshot feature will allow you to get a view of how your website will look across 56 devices. You can perform the real-time browser compatibility test and share the screenshot with your team and work on it, while logging in from multiple devices.
- With LambdaTest, you can mark the errors or bugs on the website and directly log it into different tracking tools to notify your team. It has around 13 bug management tools currently.
- You do not need a third-party management tool to detect bugs, it has an in-built issue-tracker. It makes it very flexible and easy to use, so you can easily detect and manage bugs.
- Lambda Test provides a 24*7 support/helpline for any queries which makes it more reliable.
LambdaTest LT Browser is a tool used for creating custom websites, checking their desktop or mobile view, sharing bugs and debugging them, and checking the overall responsiveness of your website. You only have to provide the URL of your website, and you can start testing with LT Browser over 25 device resolutions in a side-by-side view.
Testing has never been this easy without LT Browser’s amazing features. Even if you couldn’t find a compatible device according to your preference, you can build a custom device and save it for the next time as well.
- LT Browser allows you to perform responsive testing simultaneously on different devices in a side by side view, without moving back and forth on different screens.
- It provides you in-built dev tools to detect and manage bugs on more than 25+ devices.
- If you cannot find your favorite or preferred device, here you can create a custom device and save it for future uses.
- It has screenshot and screen recording features and integrating a bug management tool to collaborate with your management team.
- Check your hosted website by just entering the URL of your local website.
- The built-in image editor will help you in highlighting bugs and easily sharing them with your team.
Am I Responsive detects errors and takes screenshots of the issues in the screen resolution of your website design. It is considerably easy to work with, all you have to do is add the URL of your website in the input field, click on GO and that’s all.
- You do not have to take screenshots manually, it will take the screenshot of your website layout on different devices, and you can share them with your team and clients to work on them.
- Rearranging the designs can be done hassle-free, just by clicking and dragging.
Blisk is a developer-oriented user-interface, designed for developing and testing web applications two times faster based on the Chrome browser. It provides features that help developers and users to create and test websites for both mobile and desktop. You can test websites for cross-browser and cross-device compatibility and also boost your work with Blisk. It has some similar features as LT Browser such as side by side screen viewing, dev tools, etc.
It has gained quite a popularity among developers due to its multipurpose features, it can be used for both developing and designing, and responsive testing as well as cross-browser testing.
- With Blisk, you can compare the UI on mobile and desktop simultaneously, back and forth switching is not required anymore.
- Changes are saved automatically and instantly in real-time, it updates the CSS changes without page refresh.
- It has DevTools as in Chrome, and you can also launch separate DevTools for mobile and desktop.
- You can multitask with Blisk, develop, test, and collaborate: design, develop high-performance and responsive web applications, check whether your websites look great on different devices, and take a screenshot or record a video to share it with your team.
As a developer, it is important for you to check your website’s responsiveness as quickly as possible. With XRespond you can develop a website and test its responsiveness in a fraction of the time on various devices. It shows you the website’s preview on different devices at once and that too at free of cost. Among the number of testing tools available, XRespond is an accessible and convenient alternative and saves a lot of money and time for you.
- This is a free tool that is easy-to-use with simple features and can be used by anyone for responsive testing.
- With XRespond, you can design, develop, and test your website on multiple devices, such as smartphones, laptops, tablets, all at once and that too with simple, and hassle-free features.
- The fact that it saves a lot of time and money makes it very considerable to use, and you don’t want to miss that.
- It is hassle-free, all you have to do is enter a website URL, click the button and it will automatically begin its search, and display the website on different devices.
The Final Verdict
Through this article, you get to know about responsive testing, its benefits, and the best tools to choose from, for testing your websites. Though there are several tools available, we discussed only the reliable ones. You don’t need all of these tools, as per your requirement you can choose the best to accomplish the task. With the direct links, you can directly land up on the websites in a single click.