Why Pictures Won’t Load from SD Card?
While inserting your phone’s or camera’s SD card into a computer, are you astonished by the failure of loading pictures from SD card on the computer? Many people have encountered the problem, and don’t know why pictures won’t load from SD card properly and how to troubleshoot SD card error of not charging the JPEG, JFIF, PNG, TIFF, GIF, BMP…image files as it should be. Don’t worry. Here we’re going to list some factors that lead to such an embarrassing situation.
1. Bad connection between SD card/USB drive and computer hard drive
2. Image file format incompatibility
3. Something goes wrong with your SD card (corrupted or unreadable)
To troubleshoot pictures that won’t load from SD card or other removable storage devices, you need first to figure out what the real problem is with the SD card.
Connecting SD card correctly and making Windows detect the SD card as a storage device would let the trouble go, resetting the default file type for saving photos to a compatible format for a computer will also eliminate the error.
However, once determined that pictures won’t load problem happened due to SD card got damaged and corrupted, you need to use a specialized data recovery tool to retrieve the pictures and then send the SD card to be repaired.
How to Restore Image Files from SD Card That Unable to Load Pictures?
If SD card gets corrupted, at the moment Windows detects the card, it will send the error message “SD card is not formatted, format it now.” Formatting corrupted SD card would effectively fix damaged SD card. However, you’ll lose all the pictures on the card permanently.
Stop using your SD card immediately once you lost files on it. Continuing using the card would hugely increase the chance of data overwriting, which makes data unrecoverable.
Step 1: Connect the SD card to PC
Insert the SD card to a card reader, and connect the card reader with your SD card to a healthy computer.
Step 2: Run SD card recovery software and scan the card.
- Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard on your PC and select your SD card under the External Devices column.
- Then click Scan to start finding lost data on your SD card now.
Step 3: Check found SD card data.
After the scanning process, you can preview and find your lost SD card files from below listed tabs:
- Deleted Files: List your deleted files there.
- Drive X: All lost files can be found here.
- Lost Partition Files: Check first if it’s for formatted recovery.
- Extra Files: Finds files that lost names or paths.
And you can use Filter and Search to quickly find your files.
Step 4: Restore SD card data.
- You can check and preview found files by double-clicking each one of them.
- Then click Recover to save found SD card files to a secure location on your PC or external storage.
Now EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard helped rescue all the pictures on the SD card; you can feel free to format the corrupted and unreadable SD card to fix the trouble right now.
Right-click SD card that won’t load pictures on a computer > choose Format > Wait and click OK.